Parking in Keswick
Please see town map for locations of car parks.
Allerdale Borough Council Car Parks - see below for charges
All Allerdale car parks operate a Pay and Display system. Car park regulations require you to park totally within marked bays. If you are a large vehicle or a motor home and you cover more than one space you must pay for the number of spaces you cover. Failure to do so will incur a penalty charge. Failure to display a ticket or an expired ticket will also incur a penalty charge. Please see town map for locations of car parks.
- Otley Road Long Stay Car Park CA12 4LE - capacity 87
- Bell Close Short Stay Car Park CA12 5JY - maximum stay 2 hours, capacity 121, disabled spaces 8, motorcyles free in designated bays
- Central Long Stay Car Park CA12 5DP - capacity 334, disabled spaces 5, motorcyles free in designated bays
- Lakeside Long Stay Car Park CA12 5DJ - capacity 253, disabled spaces 6, coach bays 4
- Rawnsley Hall Car Park
- Derwent Car Park (next to the Pencil Museum)
Click here for details of Allerdale monthly, quarterly and annual car park permits. The cost of a monthly permit (for use on the Long Stay car parks) is £26.92. This is the most economical option when parking is required for 3 or more days. Permits can be purchased in advance and posted out or direct from the Allerdale Borough Council office (50 Main Street, CA12 5JS) in Keswick (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm only). Allerdale Borough Council tel 0303 1231702
Pay by phone - You can also pay for Allerdale car parks by phone using the RingGo system. Just follow the instructions on the payment machines. You can use the RingGo system to add more time to your parking at any point. Just dial the number shown, follow the instructions and pay. You'll need the number of the car park in Keswick - these are below. This will update our systems so that the system will be updated with your payment even if the ticket in your vehicles may indicate an overstay.To pay by phone via RingGo call 01768830830. The codes for each of the car parks in Keswick are:
- Bell Close - 4000
- Central - 4001
- Lakeside - 4002
- Otley Road - 4003
Allerdale Parking Charges:
7am to 7pm on all days - up to 2 hours Full price £3.30 With permit 0.00; up to 3 hours Full price £5.50 With permit 0.00; up to 6 hours Full price £7.70 With permit 0.00; up to 12 hours Full price £9.80 With permit 0.00
Overnight charge (7pm to 7am the following day) Full price £1 With permit 0.00
7am to 7pm on all days - up to 0.5 hour Full price £0.50 With permit £0.50; up to 1 hour Full price £1.60 With permit £1.60; up to 2 hours Full price £3.30 With permit £3.30; up to 3 hours (max) Full price £5.50 With permit £5.50
Overnight charge (7pm to 7am the following day) Full price £1 With permit £1
Other Keswick Car Parks
As well as car parks run by Allerdale Borough Council there are also locally operated car parks run by Keswick Town Council, Keswick Football Club and Keswick Rugby Club.
- Keswick Rugby Club Car Park, Crow Park Road - £4 all day
- Crosthwaite Road Car Park, capacity 80, (access on foot into town via Fitz Park), no overnight stay - £3 all day
- Tithebarn Street Keswick (next to Booths supermarket car park) - up to 4 hours £7.50, up to 12 hours £15
- Lakeside Car Park has 4 coach bays 16.50
- Derwent Car Park (Next to Pencil Museum Car Park) - up to 3 hours £7, over 3 hours £10
Click here for a map of Allerdale car parks including details of disabled parking.
On Street Disc Parking
Disc Zones offer free, time-limited parking on-street. Discs are available in local shops and from on street locations such as Station Street and Station Road. Display the disc showing the correct time of arrival on the dashboard of the vehicle so that arrival time can be seen from the outside of the vehicle. If you do not have a disc when you park note your time of arrival on a piece of paper and display this in a prominent position on the dashboard so that it may be read from the outside of the vehicle. You may not alter a disc to obtain extra parking time, and once you leave a parking area, you must not return to the same street within the time specified on the sign.