Parking in Keswick
The Lake District National Park is currently monitoring the status of car parks. You can view the information here.
Please see town map for locations of car parks.
Allerdale Borough Council Car Parks - see below for charges
All Allerdale car parks operate a Pay and Display system. Car park regulations require you to park totally within marked bays. If you are a large vehicle or a motor home and you cover more than one space you must pay for the number of spaces you cover. Failure to do so will incur a penalty charge. Failure to display a ticket or an expired ticket will also incur a penalty charge. Please see town map for locations of car parks.
- Otley Road Long Stay Car Park CA12 4LE - capacity 87
- Bell Close Short Stay Car Park CA12 5JY - maximum stay 2 hours, capacity 121, disabled spaces 8, motorcycles free in designated bays
- Central Long Stay Car Park CA12 5DP - capacity 334, disabled spaces 5, motorcycles free in designated bays
- Lakeside Long Stay Car Park CA12 5DJ - capacity 253, disabled spaces 6, coach bays 4
- Rawnsley Centre Long Stay Car Park CA12 5NP – capacity 150, disabled 4.
- Derwent Long Stay Car Park (next to the Pencil Museum) CA12 5NG – capacity 120, disabled 2.
Car Parking Permits for Central, Lakeside & Otley Road Car Parks Keswick
Click here for details of Allerdale monthly, quarterly and annual car park permits. The cost of a monthly permit is £26.92. This is the most economical option when parking is required for 3 or more days. Permits can be purchased in advance and posted out or direct from the Allerdale Borough Council office (50 Main Street, CA12 5JS) in Keswick (open Mon-Fri). To contact Allerdale Borough Council either tel the central office 0303 1231702 and ask to be put through to Keswick or call or call the Keswick office directly on 01900 702931 or 01900 702941. You can buy the permits over the phone as long as there is sufficient time for it to be posted to you or you can collect it in person from the office (bearing in mind they are not open at the weekends.) If you are using a letting agency the permit can be taken there for you to collect. As long as the permit is visible through the windscreen with the expiry date showing you can park for as long as they like without moving the vehicle up to and including the expiry date.
Pay by Mobile in Allerdale Car Parks
Download the Mi Permit app. The numbers to use on the app at the Keswick car park sites are as follows:
- Otley Road 712220
- Bell Close 712221
- Central 712222
- Lakeside car parking 712223
- Lakeside coach park 712224
You can pay using this cashless system for extended periods in the long-stay council operated car parks from an hour up to a week using a mobile phone.
If you are out and about the system also allows you to ‘top-up’ your parking fee.
Allerdale Parking Charges:
7am to 7pm on all days - up to 2 hours Full price £3.30 With permit 0.00; up to 3 hours Full price £5.50 With permit 0.00; up to 6 hours Full price £7.70 With permit 0.00; up to 12 hours Full price £9.80 With permit 0.00
Overnight charge (7pm to 7am the following day) Full price £1 With permit 0.00
7am to 7pm on all days - up to 0.5 hour Full price £0.50 With permit £0.50; up to 1 hour Full price £1.60 With permit £1.60; up to 2 hours Full price £3.30 With permit £3.30; up to 3 hours (max) Full price £5.50 With permit £5.50
Overnight charge (7pm to 7am the following day) Full price £1 With permit £1
Toilets - The toilets are run by Danfo. Their contact email is: email@example.com or telephone 01253 207408.
Other Keswick Car Parks
As well as car parks run by Allerdale Borough Council there are also locally operated car parks run by Fitz Park Trust, Keswick Football Club and Keswick Rugby Club.
- Keswick Rugby Club Car Park, Crow Park Road - £4 all day and includes overnight parking to 9am CA12 5EG
- Crosthwaite Road Car Park, capacity 80, (access on foot into town via Fitz Park), no overnight stay - £3 all day CA12 5PP
In the Borrowdale Valley and in Buttermere there are a number of National Trust car parks - click here for more information
- Tithebarn Street Keswick (next to Booths supermarket car park) - up to 4 hours £7.50, up to 12 hours £15
- Lakeside Car Park has 4 coach bays 16.50
- Derwent Car Park (Next to Pencil Museum Car Park) - up to 3 hours £7, over 3 hours £10
Click here for a map of Allerdale car parks including details of disabled parking.
On Street Disc Parking
Disc Zones offer free, time-limited parking on-street. Discs are available in local shops and from on street locations such as Station Street and Station Road. Display the disc showing the correct time of arrival on the dashboard of the vehicle so that arrival time can be seen from the outside of the vehicle. If you do not have a disc when you park note your time of arrival on a piece of paper and display this in a prominent position on the dashboard so that it may be read from the outside of the vehicle. You may not alter a disc to obtain extra parking time, and once you leave a parking area, you must not return to the same street within the time specified on the sign.