Parking in Keswick
Locally Operated Keswick Car Parks
As well as car parks run by Allerdale Borough Council there are also locally operated car parks run by Fitz Park Trust, Keswick Football Club and Keswick Rugby Club.
- Keswick Rugby Club Car Park, Crow Park Road (what3words ///gilding.rarely.hairspray) - £4 all day and includes overnight parking* to 9am CA12 5EG *No overnight parking for campervans/mobile homes
- Crosthwaite Road Car Park (Fitz Park Trust), (what3words ///forgiving.wedge.price) capacity 80, (access on foot into town via Fitz Park), no overnight stays - £3 all day for cars (increasing to £4 from April 2022), £6 for camper vans (increasing to £8 from April 2022) CA12 5PP
Park and Sail at Keswick Rugby Club
Park at Keswick Rugby Club, Crow Park Road where you will find 200 parking spaces. Park for the day for £4 and receive a Keswick Launch discount voucher. The voucher when presented at the Launch ticket office gives a 15% discount off the launch services that day for the driver and up to a maximum of 4 of their passengers.
National Trust Car Parks
In the Borrowdale Valley and in Buttermere there are a number of National Trust car parks - click here for more information
Allerdale Borough Council Car Parks
All Allerdale car parks operate a Pay and Display system. Car park regulations require you to park totally within marked bays. If you are a large vehicle or a motor home and you cover more than one space you must pay for the number of spaces you cover. Failure to do so will incur a penalty charge. Failure to display a ticket or an expired ticket will also incur a penalty charge. Please see town map for locations of car parks.
- Otley Road Long Stay Car Park CA12 4LE (what3words ///broth.range.date) - capacity 87
- Bell Close Short Stay Car Park CA12 5JY (what3words ///startles.chose.branching) - maximum stay 2 hours, capacity 121, disabled spaces 8, motorcycles free in designated bays
- Central Long Stay Car Park CA12 5DP (what3words ///strutting.woes.walked) - capacity 334, disabled spaces 5, motorcycles free in designated bays
- Lakeside Long Stay Car Park CA12 5DJ (what3words ///lakes.nurtures.chins) - capacity 253, disabled spaces 6, coach bays 4
- Derwent Long Stay Car Park (next to the Pencil Museum) CA12 5NG (what3words ///grownup.lifestyle.savers) – capacity 120, disabled 2.
Click here for a map of Allerdale car parks including details of disabled parking.
Allerdale Parking Charges
Long Stay - 7am to 7pm on all days - up to 2 hours Full price £3.40 With permit 0.00; up to 3 hours Full price £5.70 With permit 0.00; up to 6 hours Full price £8.00 With permit 0.00; up to 12 hours Full price £10.20 With permit 0.00
Overnight charge (7pm to 7am the following day) Full price £1 With permit 0.00
Short Stay - 7am to 7pm on all days - up to 0.5 hour £0.60 ; up to 1 hour £1.70 ; up to 2 hours £3.40 ; up to 3 hours £5.70
Overnight charge (7pm to 7am the following day) £1
Toilets - The toilets are run by Danfo. Their contact email is: [email protected] or telephone 01253 207408.
Car Parking Permits for Long Stay Central, Lakeside & Otley Road Car Parks Keswick
Click here for details of Allerdale monthly, quarterly and annual car park permits. You can apply in advance for a digital parking permit. The cost of a monthly permit is £27.58. This is the most cost effective option when parking is required for 3 or more days. Once you have paid for a digital permit you can park for as long as you like without moving the vehicle up to and including the expiry date.
To contact Allerdale Borough Council tel 0303 1231702.
Pay by Mobile in Allerdale Car Parks
Download the Mi Permit app. The numbers to use on the app at the Keswick car park sites are as follows:
- Otley Road 712220
- Bell Close 712221
- Central 712222
- Lakeside car parking 712223
- Lakeside coach park 712224
You can pay using this cashless system for extended periods in the long-stay council operated car parks from an hour up to a week using a mobile phone.
If you are out and about the system also allows you to ‘top-up’ your parking fee.
Parking for Blue Badge holders in Allerdale Car Parks
Blue badge holders can park for 3 hours free in Allerdale long stay car parks providing you display a valid blue badge and time of arrival clearly in the front windscreen. If you want to park for longer you can either return to the car park and purchase a ticket to cover the stay or use Mi Permit (download the app from your app store) to purchase a pay and stay to start once the three hours has ended. If you are using Allerdale short stay car parks you may only park for the maximum time allowed, again you must display a valid badge and time of arrival. Check the maximum time at the specific car park as this may be different for each one. There are boards in each car park outlining this clearly. You can find more information about the Blue Badge scheme in England here.
Rawnsley Centre Car Park
1 hour - £1, 2 hours - £3, 4 hours - £6, All day - £10 No overnight parking from 23.59 - 0600
No public car parking during the Keswick Convention 16th July to 5th August 2022.
- for information on coach parking in Keswick visit our Group Travel page.
On Street Disc Parking
Disc Zones offer free, time-limited parking on-street. Discs are available in local shops and from on street locations such as Station Street and Station Road. Display the disc showing the correct time of arrival on the dashboard of the vehicle so that arrival time can be seen from the outside of the vehicle.
If you do not have a disc when you park note your time of arrival on a piece of paper and display this in a prominent position on the dashboard so that it may be read from the outside of the vehicle. You may not alter a disc to obtain extra parking time, and once you leave a parking area, you must not return to the same street within the time specified on the sign.
Electric Vehicle Charging Points
Charging points are available in Booths car park, Central car park and Skiddaw Street car park in Keswick.