Keswick Tourism Association is the organisation which promotes Keswick and the surrounding valleys and villages under the tourism brand Visit Keswick. Through marketing campaigns both in print, web and on social media we work to attract visitors from the UK and overseas. Our members, a network of over 300 local businesses, both support and benefit from this promotion of Keswick and also gain access to a range of exclusive marketing opportunities and benefits.
The Keswick Tourism Association Ltd, originally known as the Keswick-on-Derwentwater Publicity Association, was established in 1922 as a self-help group of accommodation operators who wished to provide visitors with information about vacancies in the area, and in 2004 became a limited company.
Today the Association has almost 300 trade members, including accommodation providers, retailers, restaurants, activity providers and visitor attractions. Keswick Tourism Association is funded almost totally by its members through subscriptions and advertising. It is a voluntary and independent trade association, electing its own volunteer Directors and employing two members of staff.
The Keswick Tourism Association
- Publishes the annual Keswick Holiday Guide
- Manages the website www.visitkeswick.com
- Produces a town map and visitor attraction leaflet
- Promotes and advertises the area nationally and internationally
- Attends relevant trade exhibitions
- Hosts an annual Leaflet Swap and Networking event with free stands for KTA business members
- Publishes weekly e-newsletters and a bi-annual printed newsletter to members and a monthly e-newsletter to public subscribers.
- Provides business and marketing advice to members - Works in co-operation with local and national organisations whose objectives are the advancement of tourism and tourist amenities.
- Works in co-operation with local and national organisations whose objectives are the advancement of tourism and tourist amenities.