Festive Things To Do In Keswick This December
Keswick is looking very festive now with some beautiful shop windows and the Christmas lights coming on every day at 4pm. Whether you are here in the run-up to Christmas or over the festive period itself we have hand-picked for you a selection of events and things to do this December.
Christmas Shopping in Keswick
Enjoy a day Christmas shopping in Keswick away from the traditional high street. Our wonderful independent gift shops are a haven of inspiration for those hard to buy presents. Choose a unique gift from one of our lovely galleries, a cushion or a footstool from John Young Furnishings, pencils from the Derwent Pencil Museum, a cheese gift hamper from the Cheese Deli , a jumper or some socks from Alexandra's or even chocolate truffle sprouts from Ye Olde Friars. If you can't be here in person and want to support Keswick we have many shops with online stores. For the person who has everything a voucher makes a great present, a cinema ticket for the Keswick Alhambra, a voucher for Go Ape, a festival pass or a weekend away. And if you're going to give money why not give the Lake District pound.
Create A New Christmas Tradition
Why not do something new this Christmas and join a festive cruise on Derwentwater. Father Christmas boards the Keswick Launch with presents for the children and sherry and mince pies for the adults. Weekends only to the 16th December. Or if trains are more your thing jump aboard a Santa train at Threlkeld Quarry and enjoy mince pies, mulled wines and presents (22nd, 23rd & 24th of December). Enjoy Breakfast with Santa at Whinlatter Forest on 16th December or visit Santa's Magical Gingerbread Cottage at Rheged.
Take In A Show
The Christmas production at Theatre by the Lake is the enchanting Beauty and the Beast whilst for the very young there's Hey Diddle Diddle in the studio, a brilliant new take on the classic nursery rhyme. The CBeebies Christmas Show on the 15th Dec at the Keswick Alhambra recreates on the big screen the live Thumbelina performance. For music lovers there's the Festival of Christmas Music at Crosthwaite Church, La Serenissima - Baroque Ensemble at Theatre by the Lake and on New Year's Eve the Berliner Philharmoniker live concert at the Alhambra Cinema .
Visit Whinlatter Forest For Your Real Christmas Tree
Buy your real Christmas tree from Whinlatter this year for a wonderful experience and the highest quality, sustainably-grown British Christmas trees. Whinlatter has Christmas events and activities during December so enjoy a day out at the same time.
Keswick Live Advent
If you're in Keswick during advent join us for the lighting of our advent windows and accompanying pop up events. You can see all the details on our website. If you're not visiting till after Christmas you can follow the illuminated advent window trail around the town until early January.
Whilst you're Christmas shopping in Keswick treat yourself to lunch or coffee and cake in our of our many cafes and restaurants plus there are whole host of opportunities for festive dining. Join the Lakes Distillery on Dec 15th for the Founders Whisky Festival. Tours include the opportunity to try their latest whisky releases plus there are Whisky masterclasses with
Subscribe to our blog to get it directly to your in box
Read our other Visit Keswick blog posts
- 7 Things to do this half term in and around Keswick
- Accessible Trips To Keswick
- A Guide To Autumn In Keswick
- Our 5 Favourite Pubs & Bars In Keswick
- Keswick School of Industrial Arts
- The 6 Shops In Keswick You Absolutely Have To Visit
- How To Have a Sustainable Holiday in Keswick
- 8 Things To Do In Keswick If You Don’t Like The Great Outdoors
- Some Of Our Favourite Independent Shops, Cafes, And Restaurants In Keswick
- According To Locals: The Best Places To Visit In Keswick
- Keswick’s Parks: Where To Go And What To Do
- A Guide To Summer In Keswick
- 10 Fantastic Places To Eat in Keswick
- Our Guide To Fell Walking: How To Stay Safe On The Fells
- Visit Whinlatter Forest
- Things to Do This Easter in and Around Keswick
- 5 Fun Days Out For Families Around Keswick
- Adventurous Days Out in Keswick
- Things to do this February Half Term
- How the Lake District Inspired These 7 Famous People
- Holidaying to Keswick: Everything You Need To Bring
- How To Get Around The Lakes From Keswick
- Keswick Festivals In 2019
- Where to Spot Lake District Wildlife
- The History of Keswick
- Festive Things To Do In Keswick This December
- Things to do in Keswick When It’s Raining
- Visit Derwentwater
- Autumn colours in Borrowdale
- Castlehead Walk
- Tour of Britain 2018
- Freedom Wizard
- Local Heroes: Adam Campion, Run Director at Parkrun
- Local Heroes: Yvonne Booth 10 in 10 challenge