5 Things To Do In And Around Keswick This Half Term
You'll find lots to do in and around Keswick this February half term. Here are some of our ideas to inspire your holiday adventures.
Take in a Show at Theatre by the Lake
There's lots going on at Theatre by the Lake this half term with delightful shows for little – and bigger ones. From captivating puppetry to raucous musicals to gory Gothic epics, there’s something to keep everyone entertained. There’s The Elves and the Shoemaker on Tuesday 18 and Wednesday 19 February (11am, 2pm) in the Main House for ages 3 and older. This marvellous adaptation of the classic tale includes puppets, music, comedy and tonnes of bonkers shoes.
For ages 0 to 5, there’s the enchanting show The Naughty Fox on Friday 21 and Saturday 22 February (11am, 2pm) in Theatre by the Lake's Studio. Integrating creative captions and a fully relaxed performance, this interactive, multisensory show snuggles up with comfy creatures: Honk, Splash and TaWit TaWoo as they teach The Naughty Fox a very important lesson: it's better to share.
On Sun 16 February at 3pm there;s a family half term concert. Main House Dutch master violinist Tim Kliphuis and his trio present a one-hour, family friendly programme of music through the ages featuring a mix of classical, jazz improvisation and folk music.
Enjoy the Great Indoors - Listen to a story in the Bairden at Theatre by the Lake. We have a choice of indoor attractions for when it's a bit cold and wet outside such as Puzzling Place, Keswick Museum, Keswick Leisure Pool and Derwent Pencil Museum. Why not join in one of the workshops at Rheged including Aardman Model Making Workshops -make your own Gromit, Shaun the Sheep or Feathers McGraw with Aardman Animation's expert model makers. Enjoy a half-term treat visiting the Keswick Alhambra Cinema - Frozen 2 singalong and Dolittle are just two on offer.
Drop into the YHA for Half Term Activities including craft workshops - Make your own Beeswax Wrap, Paper Aeroplane Jamboree, and Pebble Pets and Bug Buddies as well as Mountain Skills for Kids.
Visit Whinlatter Forest
Try out the Shaun the Sheep Farmageddon Glow Trail - a new trail at Whinlatter Forest celebrates the release of the Shaun the Sheep Movie: Farmageddon. An alien space ship has crashed into Whinlatter Forest and Shaun the Sheep is on a mission to help the inhabitant – a lovable alien called Lu-La. Download the app to complete challenges and solve UV puzzles in the forest.
Join the RSBP at Whinlatter ree event. Come along and join the RSPB to find out more about the birds in the forest and your garden at the Visitor Centre. Enjoy making simple crafts with your family.
Up at Whinlatter Forest,you can also enjoy marked walking, running and cycling trails and the outdoor play area. You can hire a bike there from Cyclewise or for those over the age of ten there's a treetop adventure called Go Ape, a high-level journey along bridges, tarzan swings and zip slides up to 40 feet in the trees.
Cumbria Dark Skies Festival
21st to 23rd February is Cumbria's first Dark Skies Festival, a long weekend packed with dark sky themed activities for all ages, including stargazing, twilight walks, workshops, night mountain bike rides, outdoor night-time art installation, indoor planetarium and more. At Rheged there's a Dark Skies Pop up Planetarium on Sunday 23 February with a daytime stargazing event for the whole family whilst Whinlatter Forest has a whole host of events including a Mountain Bike Night Ride with Cyclewise, a Dark Skies Walk, Nature's Nightlife and Supper and Stargazing. More info.
Subscribe to our Visit Keswick Blog to get it directly into your in box.
Read our other blog posts
- 7 Things to do this half term in and around Keswick
- Our Guide to Spring 2020 in Keswick
- Keswick Festivals In 2020
- How To Spend 48 Hours in Keswick
- 6 Villages Around Keswick and What To Do When You Visit
- 24 Reasons To Visit Keswick In December
- A Guide To Winter In Keswick
- The Best Shops In Keswick Where You Can Buy Online
- Accessible Trips To Keswick
- A Guide To Autumn In Keswick
- Our 5 Favourite Pubs & Bars In Keswick
- Keswick School of Industrial Arts
- The 6 Shops In Keswick You Absolutely Have To Visit
- How To Have a Sustainable Holiday in Keswick
- 8 Things To Do In Keswick If You Don’t Like The Great Outdoors
- Some Of Our Favourite Independent Shops, Cafes, And Restaurants In Keswick
- According To Locals: The Best Places To Visit In Keswick
- Keswick’s Parks: Where To Go And What To Do
- A Guide To Summer In Keswick
- 10 Fantastic Places To Eat in Keswick
- Our Guide To Fell Walking: How To Stay Safe On The Fells
- Visit Whinlatter Forest
- Things to Do This Easter in and Around Keswick
- 5 Fun Days Out For Families Around Keswick
- Adventurous Days Out in Keswick
- How the Lake District Inspired These 7 Famous People
- Holidaying to Keswick: Everything You Need To Bring
- How To Get Around The Lakes From Keswick
- Where to Spot Lake District Wildlife
- The History of Keswick
- Things to do in Keswick When It’s Raining
- Visit Derwentwater
- Autumn colours in Borrowdale
- Castlehead Walk
- Tour of Britain 2018
- Freedom Wizard
- Local Heroes: Adam Campion, Run Director at Parkrun
- Local Heroes: Yvonne Booth 10 in 10 challenge