7 Things To Do In And Around Keswick This Half Term
You'll find lots to do in and around Keswick this October half term. Here are some of our ideas to inspire your holiday adventures.
1. Burn off some energy at
2. Join in a halloween activity - Have a go at Kong Adventure's Halloween Treasure Hunt for a chance to win a mystery prize. Or try a Spooky Trail at Keswick Museum. Discover more about the museum’s cat, bats and owls in this fun trail, and win a spooky prize. Trick or treat your little monsters this Halloween at the fangtastic party with entertainment, fun, games and prizes at LB’s Pizza House of Terrors. More info
3. Take in a film at Keswick's traditional Alhambra Cinema. During half term week choose between 'Johnny English Strikes Again' with Rowan Atkinson as the much-loved accidental secret agent, 'Smallfoot' an animated adventure for all ages, 'The House with a Clock in its Walls' starring Jack Black and Cate Blanchett and 'Bohemian Rhapsody' a foot-stomping celebration of Queen, their music and their lead singer.
4. Visit the National Trust's Wordsworth House in nearby Cockermouth where they will be baking clapbread , listening to spooky stories, making wild art, crafting poppies, dressing up and writing with quills and ink. There’s plenty to enjoy over the half-term holiday week at William’s childhood home.
5. Visit Whinlatter Forest - Half term activities include the Spook-O annual orienteering event on the 25th Oct, Wild Wednesday on the 24th Oct, a drop in session of crafts and wildlife activities and the Highway Rat Hangout on the 25th Oct, fun activities linked to the activity trail. You can also enjoy marked walking and cycle trails, the outdoor play area, hire a bike there from Cyclewise or for those over the age of ten there's a treetop adventure called Go Ape, a high level journey along bridges, tarzan swings and zip slides up to 40 feet in the trees. There is a planned road closure between Braithwaite village and Whinlatter Visitor Centre so do check the website for up to date travel info.
6. Visit Threlkeld Quarry & Mining Museum Enjoy the museum, the excavators, the mine and the stunning views of Blencathra. Pan for minerals in the stream. Open every day 10 until 5 with
7. Go on a Ghost Walk with Lakeland Hauntings if you dare!!! Keswick has another history full of murder, intrigue and tortured souls. From slate built houses to the surrounding lakes and
Subscribe to our Visit Keswick Blog to get it directly into your in box.
Read our other blog posts
- The History of Keswick
- Festive Things To Do In Keswick This December
- Things to do in Keswick When It’s Raining
- Visit Derwentwater
- Autumn colours in Borrowdale
- Castlehead Walk
- 7 Things to do this half term in and around Keswick
- Tour of Britain 2018
- Freedom Wizard
- Local Heroes: Adam Campion, Run Director at Parkrun
- Local Heroes: Yvonne Booth 10 in 10 challenge