10 Fantastic Places To Eat in Keswick
Keswick is home to a huge variety of places to eat, with a number of cafés and restaurants serving everything from light bites to Sunday lunches, and a range of cuisines from Thai to Italian to Tex-Mex. If you’re feeling spoilt for choice and aren’t sure where to go for your dinner, don’t worry! We’ve come up with a list of a few of our favourite places to eat in Keswick that we’re sure you’re going to love.
Our top plant-based pick has to be Kat’s Kitchen of Keswick! This vegan and vegetarian-friendly cafe is known for its delicious home cooked meals, as well as its vegan and gluten-free cakes, build-your-own smoothies, and Fair Trade tea and coffee.
This dog-friendly cafe is a relaxed environment, with tables and chairs downstairs and a sofa set-up upstairs. Did we mention that anything you get from Kat’s Kitchen of Keswick can be taken away with you?!
This crêperie has made its home in one of Keswick’s oldest buildings and serves up delicious crêpes (both sweet and savoury), as well as locally-produced ice cream. On the menu, you’ll find crêpe fillings including Cumberland sausage with red onion marmalade or and chocolate, marshmallow, and digestive biscuits.
At the lovely Wild Strawberry, you’ll also find menu options including soup of the day and cream tea, all served in a relaxed environment.
The Sizzling Stone
For a unique dining experience with a twist, visit The Sizzling Stone, where your meal is cooked right in front of you on top of a hot lava stone at your table. Choose from a range of meat and fish dishes, and vegetarian options including the delicious halloumi kebab. We recommend sharing the The Sizzling Stone Meat Feast For Two with a friend, where you can both tuck into a 4oz fillet steak, 6oz bistro rump, 6oz pork tenderloin, 6oz lamb topside, black pudding, and pigeon breast.
All of the meat dishes from The Sizzling Stone are sourced locally, as are their ales, which are made just down the road at Keswick Brewing Company. The Sizzling Stone is a great venue for trying excellent local food and drink.
The AA rosette award-winning Brossen Steakhouse can be found at the Inn on the Square, handily based in the centre of town. Brossen Steakhouse serves a variety of delicious grilled dishes, including rib eye and fillet steaks, T bone steaks, rotisserie chickens, burgers and much more. They also serve over a dozen seasonal side dishes, lots of delicious desserts, and a fantastic Sunday lunch.
Bistro at The Distillery
Set in the popular Lakes Distillery, the Bistro at The Distillery offers everything from a three-course meal, to afternoon tea, to a slice of cake and a coffee - you can even eat outside in the courtyard or garden!
Using only the freshest ingredients, Bistro at The Distillery has a menu which changes with the seasons. Here, the main menu is served from 11 am - 5 pm and the supper menu is served from 5.30 pm until late.
The cafe at Treeby & Bolton serves breakfast and lunch alongside its gorgeous cake offering. Set underneath the Treeby & Bolton gallery, this contemporary cafe is a perfect environment for you to unwind with a glass of wine or a great cup of coffee. The Treeby & Bolton Gallery & Cafe is open every day, with breakfast served from 10 am - 11.30 am and the main menu served until 4.30 pm.
Mizu Pan-Asian Cuisine
Mizu Pan-Asian Cuisine is located at the four-star Lodore Falls Hotel in the beautiful Borrowdale valley. Offering a selection of tempting Japanese, Korean, Malaysian and Thai specialities, from the freshest ingredients, expertly prepared by highly skilled chefs. There’s something for everyone, from classic Japanese nori-wrapped maki sushi to fragrant Thai-style curries.
The Bistro at Underscar
The Bistro at Underscar is a wonderful eatery and bar in Keswick where you can get everything from a hearty breakfast to light bites and seasonal specials. Open every day, The Bistro is situated within Underscar, a 19th Century Coach house and walled gardens on the slopes of Skiddaw.
LB’s Pizza House
If you’re looking for homemade, stonebaked pizza, LB’s Pizza House is for you when you’re in Keswick. With options including sourdough thin crust pizza with customisable toppings, calzone pizza, and smaller pizzas, this restaurant is every pizza lover’s dream!
It’s not just pizza you’ll find at LB’s Pizza House, though! You can also get tasty pasta dishes, main meals - such as plum pork loin steak - and hearty desserts.
The George Hotel serves great local food in its award-winning restaurant. The George menu features fresh, seasonal recipes, made using local produce wherever possible, including fresh fish, Cumbrian lamb and beef, and seasonal game. We recommend trying The George Ultimate Burger, made with two 4oz Cumbrian beef burgers, bacon, Monterey Jack cheese, and served with onion rings, salad, homemade slaw and chips; or why not try one of The George’s famous and aptly named Gigantic Pies, if you’ve got a really big appetite.
We hope you’ve found our guide to our favourite places to eat in Keswick useful. You can find more information on things to do in Keswick, including events, walking trails and days out, as well as where to stay, on our website www.visitkeswick.com .
Subscribe to our blog to get it directly to your in box
Read our other blog posts
- According To Kids: How To Spend A Day In Keswick
- 7 Farms In Keswick Where You Can Stay
- 5 Beautiful Leap Year Locations to Propose in Keswick
- 7 Things to do this half term in and around Keswick
- Our Guide to Spring 2020 in Keswick
- Keswick Festivals In 2020
- How To Spend 48 Hours in Keswick
- 6 Villages Around Keswick and What To Do When You Visit
- 24 Reasons To Visit Keswick In December
- A Guide To Winter In Keswick
- The Best Shops In Keswick Where You Can Buy Online
- Accessible Trips To Keswick
- A Guide To Autumn In Keswick
- Our 5 Favourite Pubs & Bars In Keswick
- Keswick School of Industrial Arts
- The 6 Shops In Keswick You Absolutely Have To Visit
- How To Have a Sustainable Holiday in Keswick
- 8 Things To Do In Keswick If You Don’t Like The Great Outdoors
- Some Of Our Favourite Independent Shops, Cafes, And Restaurants In Keswick
- According To Locals: The Best Places To Visit In Keswick
- Keswick’s Parks: Where To Go And What To Do
- A Guide To Summer In Keswick
- 10 Fantastic Places To Eat in Keswick
- Our Guide To Fell Walking: How To Stay Safe On The Fells
- Visit Whinlatter Forest
- 5 Fun Days Out For Families Around Keswick
- Adventurous Days Out in Keswick
- How the Lake District Inspired These 7 Famous People
- Holidaying to Keswick: Everything You Need To Bring
- How To Get Around The Lakes From Keswick
- Where to Spot Lake District Wildlife
- The History of Keswick
- Things to do in Keswick When It’s Raining
- Visit Derwentwater
- Autumn colours in Borrowdale
- Castlehead Walk
- Tour of Britain 2018
- Freedom Wizard
- Local Heroes: Adam Campion, Run Director at Parkrun
- Local Heroes: Yvonne Booth 10 in 10 challenge