Parking in Keswick
All car parks operate a Pay and Display system. Car park regulations require you to park totally within marked bays. Failure to do so will incur a penalty charge. Failure to display a ticket or an expired ticket will also incur a penalty charge. Please see town map for locations of car parks.
Allerdale Borough Council Car Parks - see below for charges
- Otley Road Long Stay Car Park - maximum stay 24 hours, capacity 87
- Bell Close Short Stay Car Park - maximum stay 3 hours, capacity 121, disabled spaces 8, motorcyles free in designated bays
- Central Long Stay Car Park - maximum stay 24 hours, capacity 334, disabled spaces 5, motorcyles free in designated bays
- Lakeside Car Park - capacity 253, disabled spaces 6, coach bays 4
- Rawnsley Hall Car Park
- Derwent Car Park (next to the Pencil Museum)
Other Keswick Car Parks
- Keswick Rugby Club Car Park - £4 all day
- Crosthwaite Road Car Park, capacity 80, (access on foot into town via Fitz Park), no overnight stay - £3 all day
Allerdale Parking Charges:
7.00 am to 7.00pm on all days - up to 2 hours Full price 3.10 With permit 0.00; up to 3 hours Full price 5.10 With permit 0.00; up to 6 hours Full price 7.20 With permit 0.00; up to 12 hours Full price 9.20 With permit 0.00
Overnight charge (7.00pm to 7.00am the following day) Full price 1.00 With permit 0.00
7.00 am to 7.00pm on all days - up to 0.5 hour Full price 0.50 With permit 0.50; up to 1 hour Full price 1.50 With permit 1.50; up to 2 hours (max) Full price 3.10 With permit 3.10
Overnight charge (7.00pm to 7.00am the following day) Full price 1.00 With permit 1.00
- Tithebarn Street Keswick (next to Booths supermarket car park) - up to 4 hours £7.50, up to 12 hours £15
- Lakeside Car Park has 4 coach bays
- Derwent Car Park (Next to Pencil Museum Car Park) - up to 3 hours £7, over 3 hours £10
Click here for a map of Allerdale car parks
Click here for details of disabled parking in Allerdale car parks.
Click here for details of Allerdale monthly, quarterly and annual car park permits. The cost of a monthly permit (for use on the Long Stay car parks) is £25.85. This is the most economical option when parking is required for 3 or more days. Permits can be purchased in advance and posted out or direct from the Allerdale Borough Council office (50 Main Street, CA12 5JS) in Keswick (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm only).
On Street Disc Parking
Disc Zones offer free, time-limited parking on-street. Discs are available in local shops and from on street locations such as Station Street and Station Road. Display the disc showing the correct time of arrival on the dashboard of the vehicle so that arrival time can be seen from the outside of the vehicle. If you do not have a disc when you park note your time of arrival on a piece of paper and display this in a prominent position on the dashboard so that it may be read from the outside of the vehicle. You may not alter a disc to obtain extra parking time, and once you leave a parking area, you must not return to the same street within the time specified on the sign.